Christian Coffee Shop Owner Donates 100 Free Cars to Single Moms

Christian Coffee Shop Owner Donates 100 Free Cars to Single Moms



A new coffee company that calls itself the “anti-Starbucks” is offering free cars to 100 single moms – all in the name of Christ.


Burly Man Coffee, which launched in December, says the campaign mirrors its slogan: “Be Kind. Drink Great Coffee.”  


“As a Christian [company,] we’re supposed to be the hands and feet of Jesus,” company founder Jeremy Wiles told Fox News. “I don’t think you’re supposed to go to church on Sunday and just pretend to be a Christian through the week. There’s a lot of Christians across the country that share the same values as Burly Man Coffee.”


The single moms campaign started in March. 


“We are filling in the gap where other men have abandoned ship,” the company says on its website. 


Wiles referenced Starbucks’ support for Planned Parenthood. Starbucks matches employers’ donations to the abortion provider. 


“They support death – and we support life,” Wiles toldFox News. “We’ve been passionate about coffee for a long time… and we said, ‘Look, why don’t we do something more than just sell coffee?’”


The campaign, Wiles added, helps counter the problem of fatherlessness. 


“If you look at what’s going on in some of the most impoverished parts of our country – there’s gun violence, there’s crime, there’s poverty – but what’s at the root of that is fatherlessness,” he…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

LifeWay Research Finds 1 in 10 Young Protestants Have Left the Church because of Sex Abuse

LifeWay Research Finds 1 in 10 Young Protestants Have Left the Church because of Sex Abuse



A new study from LifeWay Christian Resources says that younger Christians are choosing to leave the church if there are allegations of sexual misconduct.


According to Christianity Today, 10 percent of Protestant churchgoers under 35 report they have left a church because sexual misconduct had not been taken seriously.


Among all churchgoers, that same number is only 5 percent.


Nine percent of the young Protestant churchgoing group also said they stopped attending the church because they felt unsafe with the allegations of sexual misconduct at the church.


More than 20 percent said they would also report sexual harassment.


“It is not surprising that young adults who have only known this frank ‘call it what it is’ sexual culture to be more likely to identify instances of misconduct than older adults,” Scott McConnell, executive director of LifeWay Research which conducted the survey, told CT.


The youngest generation is also two to three times more likely than the oldest generation to say they have “experienced sexual harassment in the form of sexualized compliments and jokes, sexting, or prolonged glances.”


Justin Holcomb, an expert on sexual abuse in the church and a board member of GRACE (Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment), said the highest risk for sexual assault is for those aged 12 to 34.


“I believe the…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Court upholds sentence of Christian pair jailed for ‘spreading propaganda against the regime’

Saheb Fadaie and Fatemeh Bakhteri were sentenced to 18 months and twelve months respectively on 22nd September 2018. Fadaie also received an additional two years in exile in Nehbandan – a remote area near to the border with Afghanistan.

They were accused of attacking Islam by discussing Christian doctrine in house churches.

 

It later emerged that during their final appeal hearing in January, the pair refused to renounce their faith after being asked to do so by the two presiding judges – who have both previously been accused of involvement in human rights violations.

Fadaie is already serving a ten-year sentence in Tehran’s Evin prison, following his arrest along with fellow members of the Church of Iran denomination, Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani, Mr Mohammadreza Omidi and Mr Yasser Mossayebzadeh on 13th May 2016.

There has been a rise in recent years of raids by security agents on Christian homes in the city of Rasht.

 

Christian Solidarity Worldwide’s (CSW) chief executive Mervyn Thomas said: “These…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

College Tells Protesting Students: Chick-fil-A Is Staying on Campus

College Tells Protesting Students: Chick-fil-A Is Staying on Campus



A Texas university bucked the anti-Chick-fil-A trend on college campuses this month when its administration refused a student government request to remove the popular restaurant.


“We do not make vendor decisions based on their political or religious beliefs,” wrote Trinity University’s Tess Coody-Anders, vice president for strategic communications and marketing, in an email to students. 


Campus Reform’s Frances Floresca was the first to report on the email.


Coody-Anders added that the school considers “utilization, variety of options, vendor performance, and campus-wide feedback.”


“Based on these criteria, Chick-fil-A appears to be a preferred vendor by students and the broader Trinity community,” she wrote.


Chick-fil-A is on pace to become the third-largest restaurant chain in the U.S. based on sales.


The student government association had passed a resolution criticizing the company’s donations to the Paul Anderson Youth Home, the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. The resolution said the school’s “values of diversity and inclusion and Chick-fil-a’s values regarding the LGBT+ community are mutually exclusive.”


“The negative consequences of having Chick-fil-a on campus outweigh the desires of those who are in favor of keeping it on campus,” the resolution read. “… the Trinity University Student…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Plastic ban not enough to tackle pollution says Tearfund

Environment Secretary Michael Gove announced a nationwide ban on plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds to come into effect in April 2020, as part of a government plan to tackle pollution.

Tearfund welcomes this action, but says the ban should be extended to include other forms of single use plastics.

Tearfund’s Senior Campaigner for plastic and waste Joanne Green told Premier: “This is a great first step in phasing out unnecessary single use plastic. But there are other unnecessary items that also need to be included quickly.”

The ban, which will make exemptions for those with medical needs and disabilities, has been met with “overwhelming” support from the public, following a government consultation.

The consultation revealed more than 80 per cent of respondents support banning the distribution and sale of straws, while 90 per cent back the ban on drink stirrers and 89 per cent on plastic cotton buds.

 

 

Joanne Green said there was no excuse not to be using more sustainable materials: “The EU, for example, has just agreed to ban these items as well as others – cutlery and polystyrene food containers. A lot of these things that are unnecessary but we’ve become dependent on them.

“But there are affordable, reusable alternatives that we can be switching to. So, we hope that the government will consider including those as well.”

With an estimated 4.7 billion plastic…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

Villagers in India Deprive Five Christian Families of Farmland, Food, Water

Villagers in India Deprive Five Christian Families of Farmland, Food, Water



NEW DELHI, May 22, 2019 (Morning Star News) – Village leaders in eastern India prohibited five Christian families from working on their farms or walking on the main road before district authorities this month revoked the order, sources said.


Leaders of Banhardi village, in Jharkhand state’s Latehar District, told the five families in April to either convert back to their ancestral Sarna religion or face punishment, Christian leaders said. When the Christians refused to renounce their faith, the village on April 10 issued a decree instructing that their farmland be confiscated and prohibiting them from interacting with anyone, fetching water and buying or selling, they said.


Before district officials arrived on May 13 and annulled the April 10 decree, the Christians had to go outside the village to look for food and other items to meet daily needs and were on the verge of starvation, said Motilal Oraon, one of the persecuted Christians.


“We had to carry drinking water from some other village to our homes,” Oraon told Morning Star News. “They did not allow us to enter our own farmland or work in it. We went searching for work in somebody else’s farmland in a distant village, as we could not find work in our own village. Our families were starving.”


After District Collector Rajiv Kumar intervened and annulled the order, the villagers agreed to let the…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Archbishop from Iraq says talking to Jeremy Hunt about persecution was ‘encouraging’

Catholic Chaldean Archbishop Bashar Warda of Erbil told Premier that Cabinet minister Jeremy Hunt was a “Great, great person and really we have great hope in him and his effort. I felt that he’s so committed to that.”

Speaking in a small but packed room in the Houses of Parliament, MPs such as David Linden, Jim Shannon, Brendan O’Hara, Chris Green and Mike Kane listened to Archbishop Warda of Erbil talk about the experience of Christians in Iraq and his call for their continued support.

When asked what he thought of the progress of the Foreign and Commonwealth’s Office report into Christian persecution, Archbishop Warda said: “It’s a historical moment for UK to take this step and a courageous one – to speak about religious persecution, especially about Christian persecution, and this has been really appreciated and welcomed by the Christian persecuted around the world. I think it needs to have more input, which the report is doing.

 

 

“My visit here is to contribute to this report, and we want to see the outcome, the outcome would be how the UK government will deal with this issue, conditioned aid and conditioned diplomatic ties with countries but more importantly to make effective steps towards helping the persecuted ones.”

“It’s not enough just to speak to say, ‘there is the prosecution’ but at the end of the day, everyone [should] say what we have done and what…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

Alabama Declines to Air Arthur Episode Featuring a Same-Sex Wedding

Alabama Declines to Air Arthur Episode Featuring a Same-Sex Wedding



Alabama Public Television refused to air an episode of the children’s TV show, ‘Arthur’, because of a gay wedding scene.


The season premiere aired nationally on May 13. As Christian Headlines previously reported, in the episode, Arthur and his friends attend their teacher Mr. Ratburn’s wedding. They don’t know who he is marrying until they see him walking down the aisle with another man.


After the nuptials, Arthur recaps the events with his friends, one of whom says, “Yep, it’s a brand-new world.” People Magazine speculated this could have been a “nod to the changing times.”


“Parents have trusted Alabama Public Television for more than 50 years to provide children’s programs that entertain, educate and inspire,” Director of APT, Mike Mckenzie said, according to CBN News. “More importantly – although we strongly encourage parents to watch television with their children and talk about what they have learned afterwards – parents trust that their children can watch APT without their supervision. We also know that children who are younger than the ‘target’ audience for Arthur also watch the program.”


Responses to the episode were mixed.


According to AL, mom and substitute teacher Misty Souder, celebrated the inclusivity and complained to APT for taking the show off the air. “I just want [my daughter] to be aware,” Souder said….

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Court rules NHS nurse who offered Bible to cancer patient was ‘rightly sacked’

Sarah Kuteh, 50, lost her job at Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford, Kent, in 2016 after her “fitness to practise” as a nurse was questioned for repeatedly talking to patients about her faith.

The mother of three was initially found to be in breach of Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) rules, however when the NMC ruled that she was fit to return to work as a nurse, she launched a second appeal against the initial ruling of the employment tribunal.

 

In a judgement published by the Court of Appeal last week, Lord Justice Singh ruled the dismissal was fair and dismissed the appeal.

It stated: “On 20 June 2016, the Complaints Department noted a call from a patient being treated for cancer concerning his assessment by the Claimant on 3 June 2016.

“He had replied ‘open minded’ to the question on the form concerning religion and alleged the Claimant had told him that the only way he could get to the Lord was through Jesus.

“(She) told him she would give him her bible if he did not have one; gripped his hand tightly and said a prayer that was very intense and went ‘on and on’; and asked him to sing Psalm 23 [The Lord is My Shepherd] after which he was so astounded that he had sung the first verse with her.

PA

 

“He described the encounter as ‘very bizarre’ and ‘like a Monty Python skit’.”

Concluding, Lord Justice Singh added: “The…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

Pastor and His Daughter Kidnapped with More than a Dozen Church Members in Nigeria

Pastor and His Daughter Kidnapped with More than a Dozen Church Members in Nigeria



A pastor, his daughter, and more than a dozen churchgoers were kidnapped in an attack by a team of gunmen in the Kaduna state of Nigeria on Sunday that left one person dead.


Rev. Zakariah Ido, 11 girls, and five men were among those kidnapped in the early morning hours on Sunday. Sources have indicated that 20 gunmen attacked.


According to an online Nigerian newspaper called TheCable, the gunmen surrounded the church while choir members were practicing. “It was at about 12:30 midnight. We had combined choir practice in the church with other neighboring communities. We normally hold the combined choir practice from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.,” the witness said. “Everybody was terrified but there was no [way] we could run because they had already surrounded the church.”


The gunmen demanded everyone’s phones and asked where to find the pastor, according to Pastor Nath Waziri, the district church council secretary. Parishioners showed them the pastor’s home, where he, his daughter, and several others were abducted. During the attack, one of the church members was killed.


“We are helpless because there’s nothing we can do other than to report to the police when such incidents happen,” another eyewitness said. “We have no arms and we cannot stand them, we are just at their mercy because they are well armed and they always come in large…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس