Unplanned Director Accuses Google and Twitter of Censorship

Unplanned Director Accuses Google and Twitter of Censorship



The writer and director of Unplanned says Google and Twitter engaged in a form of censorship and discrimination against the popular pro-life movie. 


Chuck Konzelman, who co-wrote and co-directed the film, appeared Wednesday before the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on the Constitution, which was examining the confluence of technology, public discourse and free speech. Experts on free speech and a representative from Facebook also appeared. 


“In a digital age, exclusion from the digital arena isn’t just discriminatory,” Konzelman said. “It’s the most insidiously effective form of censorship imaginable.”


Konzelman said Google Ads blocked Unplanned banner -s. Google, he added, referenced a company policy against abortion-related ads. 


“Just one problem: We weren’t doing abortion-related ads. We were marketing a movie,” he told senators. “We firmly believe they were sharpshooting us — hiding behind highly selective and discriminatory enforcement of their own guidelines. It is impossible for me to quantify the damage done by Google’s refusal, but it’s absurd to think that there wasn’t damage done.”


Konzelman — who appeared alongside co-director and co-writer Cary Solomon — also mentioned Twitter’s suspension of the Unplanned account. It was restored after about three hours. 


“The reason for the suspension…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Christian family banned from home-schooling take case to top European court

Petra and Dirk Wunderlich were educating their four children at home in August 2013 when more than 30 police officers and social workers raided their home and forcefully removed the children.

They were later returned.

 

The European Court of Human Rights ruled in January this year that the German authorities’ actions were not in violation of the Wunderlich family’s fundamental rights.

Robert Clarke, director of European advocacy for ADF International and lead counsel for the Wunderlich family said in a statement: “Despite the right of parents to direct the education of their children being protected in international law, the Court ruled that the dawn raid on the family home was neither ‘particularly harsh (nor) exceptional.

 

“We will continue to support the Wunderlich family as they seek affirmation of their rights at the highest level of the European Court of Human Rights.”

Germany is one of a minority of countries in Europe that does not allow home schooling for children.

 

The father of the four children in the case said that it is “upsetting that the European Court of Human Rights did not recognise the injustices we suffered at the hands of the German authorities”.

He added: “We are hopeful that the Grand Chamber will see the ways we tried, for many years, to engage with…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

Ilhan Omar Trivializes 9/11, Calls it a Day When ‘‘Some People Did Something’

Ilhan Omar Trivializes 9/11, Calls it a Day When ‘‘Some People Did Something’



U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, a Muslim Democrat from Minnesota, is once again in the national spotlight after portraying the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks as a day when “some people did something.” She made the comments last month during a fundraising speech in Los Angeles for the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which has been linked to Hamas. Her appearance drew hundreds of protesters.


Previous coverage of the speech detailed remarks in which she encouraged fellow Muslim Americans to “raise hell” and “make people uncomfortable” with their activism.


“So, to me, I say raise hell. Make people uncomfortable,” Omar said as the crowd cheered. “Because here’s the truth, here’s the truth: Far too long we have lived with the discomfort of being a second-class citizen and frankly I’m tired of it, and every single Muslim in this country should be tired of it.”


But contents from another part of the speech, which downplayed al Qaeda’s role in the terror attacks, only began to surface on social media this week.


“CAIR was founded after 9/11 because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties,” Omar said at the event.


Reaction has been swift. Omar’s colleague, Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw, slammed the freshman representative for her depiction of the…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

“I’m resolute in standing by what I think is right for my country”

Last month Dominic Grieve, the MP for Beaconsfield, lost a vote of confidence among his local Conservative association by 182 to 131 votes; a poll thought to have been infiltrated by local UKIP supporters.

Grieve campaigned to remain in 2016, since the referendum he has argued for a second referendum and this year he secured MPs the right to have a meaningful vote on any deal – thus causing his local Leave supporters disillusionment.

Since the vote, he remains Beaconsfield’s member of parliament but his future as their representative is precarious.

 

 

When asked about what he sees ahead, Grieve said: “I’m resolute in standing by what I think is right for my country. Of course there’ll be people who disagree with me and I accept the fact that I must take accept the consequences of my actions.

“As matters stand, at present, I’m very pleased to have a great deal of support in my constituency but I’m aware that I’ve had an AGM of my association in which a majority present that that AGM said they weren’t prepared to show confidence in me – that’s their right but it’s not going to deflect me from doing what I think is right for the country’s future and what’s in the national interest.

“MPs have to look outside of party political considerations towards widest considerations and what the national interest is.”

Speaking about Brext more widely, he added that he would like to…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

‘He Knows Better’: Mike Pence Responds to Pete Buttigieg’s Criticism of His Christian Faith

‘He Knows Better’: Mike Pence Responds to Pete Buttigieg’s Criticism of His Christian Faith



After Indiana’s openly-gay mayor Pete Buttigieg condemned Vice President Mike Pence for his Christian values for the second time over the weekend, Pence responded on Wednesday noting that Buttigieg “knows better.”


As Christian Headlines previously reported, at an LGBTQ Victory Fund bunch on Sunday Buttigieg – who shared in March that he tries to live his life “consistent with Christian teachings” – said that Vice President Mike Pence’s Biblical view of marriage should call his view of God’s authority into question. 


Buttigieg said, “If me being gay was a choice, it was a choice that was made far, far above my pay grade.” 


He continued, “And that’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand. That if you got a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me — your quarrel, sir, is with my creator.”


In an interview with CNBC’s Joe Kernen of the “Squawk Box,” Kernen asked Pence if he had a chance to respond to Buttigieg’s comment.


Pence shared that he was not surprised by the claims despite the fact that the two worked “very closely” when Pence was the governor of Indiana.


Pence said, “I worked very closely with Mayor Pete when I was governor of the state of Indiana. We had a great working relationship.”


He continued, “He said some critical things that are critical of my…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Indian Christians raise concern ahead of elections

Religious minorities have faced increased violence since the Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) came to power in 2014, with thousands of attacks taking place every year.

The elections run from 11 April to 23 May with suggestions a change could be imminent.

 

One pastor told religious freedom charity Open Doors: “People regret their choices of 2014.

“Where I live, most people don’t like the BJP at all. They shouldn’t win. But we are afraid that the elections will be rigged.

“Maybe the voting machines will be hacked or maybe people will be given money if they vote for the BJP. We, as pastors, were promised land and protection if we voted for them.”

Speaking to Premier Tamsin Taylor from Open Doors explained further the difficulties facing believers

“If a Christian is attacked or if a Christian is harassed their land is grabbed and they’re discriminated against in a school setting the authorities often won’t intervene.

“The autorities, sadly in some states, actually work with the extremists to persecute Christians.”

Over 500 members of the lower chamber of parliament will be elected over the coming weeks. BJP’s main rival will be the Indian National Congress party.

India is number 10 on the 2019 World Watch List, Open Doors’ annual ranking of the 50 countries where Christians face the most extreme persecution.

Stay up to date with the latest news stories from…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

Pastor Found after Missing in the Woods for Several Days, Church Rejoices

Pastor Found after Missing in the Woods for Several Days, Church Rejoices



Rev. Sid Burgess, a retired pastor of a 250-member church in Alabama, was found alive after missing for three days. The 70-year-old reverend went on a day hike on Saturday but wasn’t heard from again for three days. 


“Please pray for my nephew, Rev Sid Burgess, who went on a day hike in Ala on Saturday and has not been heard from since. An intense search is still underway for him,” Kay Burgess, Sid’s aunt, posted to Facebook, according to the Christian Post.


Burgess’ car was found at the Randolph Trailhead on Sunday. However, there was no cell service, so authorities were unable to track him. They continued the search over the weekend. 


Church members were understandably concerned. “As you can imagine we were all in shock, devastated, heartbroken, scared, anxious,” Edgewood Presbyterian Church member Julie Metheny told AL.com. “There was a very poignant prayer at the end of our service on Sunday.”


Monday’s search was also unsuccessful because of bad weather. However, Burgess’ family didn’t give up hope. On Tuesday, his daughter was optimistic. 


“We are ever faithful that today is the day Dad will be rescued. Service dogs headed into the forest first thing this morning. Several groups of rescuers followed. Horses are hitting the trail now. Drones are in the air. Today’s search has seemed extremely well organized and rescuers are…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

French priest killed by terrorist is a step closer to becoming saint

Dominique Lebrun, the archbishop of the northern French diocese of Rouen where the brutal attack occurred, gave the documents that filled six boxes to the Vatican’s Congregation of the Causes of Saints, the AFP has reported.

Adel Kermiche and Abdel-Malik Petitjean, both 19 at the time, stormed the 85-year-old clergyman’s church before stabbing and slitting his throat.

 

Cardinal Angelo Becciu, the head of the department that oversees beatifications and sainthoods said that while the department is currently considering 1,500 applications.

However, he insisted that Fr Hamel’s was a “priority” for Pope Francis.

 

Beatification is the first step to sainthood and two miracles are needed to become a saint in the Roman Catholic Church.

However, requests for candidates deemed to have been a martyr for their faith do not need evidence of involvement in miracles.

Stay up to date with the latest news stories from a Christian perspective. Sign up to our daily newsletter and receive more stories like this straight to your inbox every morning.

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

CA Senator Proposes Law that Would Force Public Universities to Provide Free Chemical Abortions to Students

CA Senator Proposes Law that Would Force Public Universities to Provide Free Chemical Abortions to Students



A California Senate Committee recently affirmed a law which, if enacted, would require public universities in California to provide students with free access to “the abortion pill.” 


According to CBN News, Senator Connie Leyva, D-Chino, proposed the legislation, known as SB 24, in December 2018. The bill passed out of the Senate Health Committee last week by a vote of 7-3.


If passed, the bill would require student health care clinics at California State University and University of California campuses to “offer abortion by medication techniques” beginning January 1, 2023. In addition, it would create the “College Student Health Center Sexual and Reproductive Health Preparation Fund” which would provide grants to the student health clinics so they can make the necessary upgrades they need to provide the services. 


According to the Daily Californian, Leyva characterized the bill as “an important step toward ensuring the right to abortion is available to all Californians and that our college students don’t face unnecessary barriers.” She continued, “Students should not have to travel off campus or miss class or work responsibilities in order to receive care that can easily be provided at a student health center.” 


The text of the bill declares that “Students seeking early pregnancy termination, especially…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Detectives investigate Kent pastor over alleged Rwanda genocide crimes

Celestin Mutabaruka, who leads the Fountain Church on Dencora Way, is among five suspects living in the UK. They all deny the accusations against them and any involvement in the killings.

The 63 year old was quoted by the Daily Mirror as saying the claims were “ridiculous” and he was “confident” the inquiry would vindicate him.

 

He told the newspaper: “To be clear, the investigation is welcome. I’m very happy about it and I have been waiting for it.”

One hundred days of slaughter and ethnic cleansing in 1994 left approximately 800,000 Rwandans dead – the majority of whom were Tutsis. Some moderate Hutus also died.

AP Photo/Ben Curtis

 

The Metropolitan Police confirmed that its detectives were investigating five men, during the same week commemorations (pictured) were held in Rwanda to make 25 years since the genocide.

They are believed to include Vincent Brown, also known as Vincent Bajinya, 59, from Islington, north London; Celestin Ugirashebuja, 66, from Essex; Charles Munyaneza, 61, from Bedford; and Emmanuel Nteziryayo, from Manchester.

CC

Library picture.

 

The force said Rwandan authorities referred the matter to its war crimes unit in January last year.

This week, Labour former minister Stephen Twigg called for a “greater sense of urgency” after security minister Ben Wallace said investigations could take between three and five years.