CA Couple Finds Wife’s Wedding Ring in Remains of Burned Home

CA Couple Finds Wife’s Wedding Ring in Remains of Burned Home



Wildfires continue to cause devastation to Southern California. Nearly 100,000 acres of land have been scorched and thousands of residents have been left homeless.


Don and Julie Myers were among the many Southern Californians who lost their home in the raging fires, which have been exacerbated by the strong Santa Ana winds. In the midst of this devastation, however, the Myers found a glimmer of hope.


Upon returning to their destroyed home on Wednesday, the Myers found Julie’s wedding ring among the rubble and ashes.


Don got down on one knee right there and proposed again to Julie, who of course said yes. The couple is reportedly in good spirits, despite the losses they have suffered.


Firefighters are working tirelessly to contain four different wildfires in the region. According to The Washington Post, major highways have been shut down and more evacuation warnings have been issued.


The Thomas Fire, which was responsible for burning down the Myers’ home, is the biggest of the four blazes and currently is burning about 150 square miles in Ventura County.


More evacuations are continuing today as the fires continue to spread. “I saw the little mountain on fire and that was it,” said Montevis Price, who was visiting Los Angeles from Miami and had to evacuate. “You can prepare for a hurricane, but you can’t prepare for something that happens all of a…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Gay man claims he was refused Communion

Matt Schaefer said he was deliberately prevented from taking part when the bread and wine passed him by at St John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in the Canadian city of Warman, Saskatchewan.

Mr Schaefer said the incident was “so embarrassing” and that he contacted the church’s pastor in October for clarification about the incident.

He told Canadian broadcaster CBC News: “He called me, eventually.

“He asked me if I remembered confirmation class and the part on homosexuality.”

 

Mr Schaefer, who has been in a same-sex relationship for four-and-a-half years, attended St John’s in his younger years and remains a member.

He had been joining relatives at the church for a family wedding when the alleged incident happened.

In a statement seen by CBC News, Rev Randy Heide said his church holds on to traditional teaching on “all matters of life and faith”.

He added: “I sincerely care for and pray for this young man whom I have known and served periodically since high school.

“I have encouraged him to seek out a church in his community which would be able to regularly serve his spiritual needs.

“I continue to pray for the Lord’s hand of guidance upon him.”

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

Fastest SUV, Urus, Starts at $200K

Lamborghini official websitePromotional picture for Lamborghini Urus.

Italian sportscar maker Lamborghini has released the fastest Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) in the world, and it starts at $200,000.

According to a video from Business Insider, the Lamborghini Urus is only the company’s second SUV. However, it is already the fastest SUV in the world, with a top speed of 190 miles per hour (mph) or 305 kilometers per hour (kph) beating the previous record of 187 mph set by the Bentley Bentayga.

Tagged by Lamborghini as a Super SUV, the car has 650 horsepower, can go from 0 to 62 mph in 3.6 seconds, and contains a 4.0 liter twin-turbocharged V8. Other technical specifications include an 8-cylinder engine with speeds that can go up to 6,800 revolutions per minute (RPM) and max torque of 626.93 lb.-ft. @ 2,250 – 4,500 RPM, Torsen-type transmission, carbon ceramic brakes (CCB), fuel tank capacity of 75 liters, and fuel consumption of 12.7 liters per 100 kilometers.

In terms of design, the Urus is touted as an SUV with “a cutting-edge, distinct and streamlined design with multiple souls: sporty, elegant and off-road. Its muscular surfaces make it appear strong and self-secure, while the mixed tires allow a luxury super sports car look. All the surfaces are designed with a clear attention to functionality.” In addition, the Lamborghini website claims the Urus was inspired by aspects taken from the LM002 and the Gandini line.

Like other releases from the company, the Urus has the “Y,” hexagonal elements, the center peak on the front bonnet, and the rear door cross lines. However, The Verge notes…

… Read More

Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – The Christian Post.

قالب وردپرس

Massachusetts Church’s Nativity Features List of 16 Mass Shootings in the US

(Photo: Facebook/Saint Susanna Parish in Dedham MA)Saint Susanna Parish of Dedham, Massachusetts, has erected a Nativity scene featuring a list of mass shootings in the United States, December 2017.

A church in Massachusetts has erected a Nativity scene this year that includes 16 hand-painted signs listing just a few of the cities and number of people killed in shootings committed in the United States over the last 20 years.

St. Susanna Parish of Dedham created the display that includes a banner with the message: “If only you knew the things that make for peace,” which is based on the Bible verse Luke 19:42.

In a church bulletin released earlier this week, St. Susanna Parish explained that the signs featuring the mass shootings is a new addition to their annual Nativity display.

“Lining the walls on the inside are hand-painted signs indicating some of the mass shootings that have taken place across our country in recent years … from Columbine to Sandy-Hook to the more recent Orlando Nightclub and Las Vegas concert killings,” noted the church’s bulletin.

Expand | Collapse
(Photo: Reuters/Rick Wilking)Judy Green places tiny American flags along a row of crosses as her husband Rod watches near the site of the shooting at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs,…

… Read More

—-

Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – The Christian Post.

قالب وردپرس

Breakaway ‘missionary’ bishop defends ordination service

The controversial ‘missionary’ bishop Andy Lines will lead the service which will see nine men become priests and deacons within the Anglican Mission in England (AMiE).

Bishop Andy told Premier their aim isn’t to split the global Anglican family.

He said: “Our supreme desire is mission and we share that with many churches within the structures of the Church of England.

“I, with my other hat of GAFCON UK, recognise that the majority of our brothers and sisters are still within the structures and we would like as AMiE to work alongside them.

“But the need is in this country for many more local churches to proclaim Christ.”

GAFCON, a worldwide group of conservative Anglicans, consecrated Bishop Andy as missionary bishop to Europe in June.

His responsibility was to cater for traditional Anglicans in Scotland, England and across Europe that disagreed with the Scottish Episcopal Church’s decision to allow gay weddings.

 

However, Rev Lee McMunn, AMiE’s mission director, said there is more to the mission than simply opposing the Church’s teachings on sexuality.

He explained: “It’s easy to be known for what you stand against but we want to be assisting in spreading the good news about Jesus, that’s our mission.”

Until now, AMiE’s clergy have either come from the Church of England or have been ordained by overseas bishops.

The nine men – eight will be ordained deacon, and one as priest – all had theological training and…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

Apple Pay Cash Now Available with Latest iOS Update

REUTERS/Stephen LamApple Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, Phil Schiller, introduces the iPhone 8 during a launch event in Cupertino, California, U.S. September 12, 2017.

Apple debuted Apple Pay Cash with the iOS 11.2 update last Wednesday, Dec. 5.

Apple released a full overview of the new feature that allows iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch users with the latest iOS 11.2 to transfer money with ease. Using the iMessage app, Apple users can easily transfer money to other people, while the Wallet app will allow people to purchase from physical and online stores and transfer money to a bank account or from a debit or credit card.

The new feature will work with Siri, according to recent reports, and will not require a new app. Anyone using the iMessage and Wallet apps will be able to receive and send money as soon as they update to iOS 11.2 and restart their devices.

For users worried about possible information theft or other security issues, Apple guarantees security along with the convenience of Apple Pay Cash. According to the official release, each transaction will require verification with either the Face ID on the iPhone X, the Touch ID on other iPhone and iPad models, or a secure password on the Apple Watch.

Meanwhile, Apple Watch users will need the latest watchOS 4.2 before they can start using Apple Pay Cash, according to 9to5mac. In addition, it can only be done if Apple Pay Cash is already set up in an iPhone running on iOS 11.2. Once set up, though, Apple Pay Cash will then be available for the Apple Watch in both Messages and Wallet apps.

Although Apple Pay Cash may be…

… Read More

Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – The Christian Post.

قالب وردپرس

God Gave Me My Wife and My Salvation for Christmas .



  • An Israeli national flag and an American one are projected on a part of the walls surrounding Jerusalem's Old City.

    Paula White, Samuel Rodriguez, Mike Huckabee and Jentezen Franklin All Agree On This One Thing


    “Promise made. Promise kept. Once again, President Trump has shown the world what I have always …



  • "Thor" actor Chris Hemsworth

    Chris Hemsworth Just Unashamedly Proclaimed the Birth of Jesus


    This will give you chills. 



  • God Wants You to Be an Investor!

    God Wants You to Be an Investor!


    Ron Tank said, “I believe, when it comes to investing and our financial house, the Bible is the single most important book we can trust and…

  • …Read More

    Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Chrisma News.

    قالب وردپرس

    Rev Richard Coles places £50 bet on Strictly winner

    The Northamptonshire vicar and former popstar vicar had an early exit in this year’s competition, crashing out after just three dances with partner Dianne Buswell.

    Reverend Richard Coles and Charlotte Hawkins at the launch of Strictly Come Dancing 2017 at Broadcasting House in London

     

    However he has maintained a keen interest in the programme and was “gutted” that his church duties stopped him from participating in the programme’s live tour.

    Speaking about why he made the bet, he said: “I’ve always thought Alexandra (Burke) should be favourite but I’ve put money on Joe.

    “I love Joe, he’s a lovely guy and he’s just brilliant. He gets better and better… I actually put 50 quid on Joe but I can’t remember the odds.”

    Guy Levy/BBC/PA Wire

     

    McFadden has been labelled a dark horse of the competition by head judge Shirley Ballas and topped the leader board two weeks ago.

    Rev Coles added he would also like to see Debbie McGee win as to have an older woman win it would be “terrific”.

    The Parish Priest of St Mary’s Church, Finedon, Northamptonshire, is the only vicar in Britain to have had a number one hit single with pop band The Communards in the 1980s.

    He has recently released a Christmas album full of his favourite festive tunes.

    Explaining why he decided to release the album, he said: “I wanted to put together a Christmas album that went back to the stable in Bethlehem and…

    … Read More



    Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

    قالب وردپرس

    Google Pulling Youtube From Amazon Fire TV and Echo Show

    REUTER/Peter HobsonThe Amazon Echo, a voice-controlled virtual assistant, is seen at its product launch for Britain and Germany in London, Britain, September 14, 2016.

    Google and Amazon are taking their very public feud to the next level and their customers are paying the price. The search giant recently pulled the YouTube app Amazon’s Fire TV and Echo Show after it was revealed that Amazon was unwilling to sell certain Google products.

    Google said in a recent statement that it had to take extreme steps after Amazon’s recent delisting of new Nest products and the e-commerce giant’s long-running refusal to sell Chromecast or support Google Cast.

    “Given this lack of reciprocity, we are no longer supporting YouTube on Echo Show and FireTV,” the statement said. “We hope we can reach an agreement to resolve these issues soon.”

    Amazon quickly responded to the move calling it a “disappointing precedent” on Google’s part to selectively block customer access to an open website. They also stated that they are working to resolve their differences as soon as possible.

    YouTube being pulled from the Echo Show effective immediately which means owners will no longer be able to watch videos from the site. On the other hand, Fire TV owners will lose out on the popular, essential video streaming app starting Jan. 1, 2018.

    The quarrel between the two tech juggernauts began when Google pulled YouTube access from the new Echo Show for “violating terms of service.” According to the company, Amazon’s implementation of YouTube blocked what Google considered “critical features.”

    Back in 2015, Amazon pulled all…

    … Read More

    Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – The Christian Post.

    قالب وردپرس