8 Common Characteristics of Successful Church Revitalizations
- The pastor formed an alliance of key influencers in the church
- The influencers made a commitment to pray daily for revitalization
- The church made a commitment to look like the community
- The church boldly confronted the issue of sacred cows
- Leadership developed a clear and compelling vision
- Leadership communicated a sense of urgency
- The pastor was willing to endure a season of intense criticism
- The leadership of the church was willing to let go of members
Some highlights from today’s Rainer Report:
- When you listen to members in the church, you build trust that can help you lead more effectively.
- Successful revitalization often doesn’t place until the church decides it must look more like the community.
- Churches need to do away with the idolatry of sacred cows.
- Your church needs to have a clear and compelling vision.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.