Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW) is one of the signatories on the letter. The charities welcome increased dialogue between the Democratic People’s Republic of North Korea (DPRK) and other countries, but state that they have yet to see actions on the part of the government “that would signal clear improvements in the lives of DPRK citizens or their basic rights and freedoms”.
The letter urges Kim Jong Un to:
- Act on United Nations human rights recommendations,
- Increase engagement with the international human rights system,
- Respond to and take action on the findings of the seminal 2014 UN Commission of Inquiry
- End abuses in detention and prisons, including forced labour
- Establish regular meetings of separated families of any foreign national with relatives in North Korea
- Accept international humanitarian aid with appropriate monitoring to ensure it reaches needy people and communities.
Benedict Rogers, CSW’s East Asia team leader, said: “It is essential that the human rights crisis in North Korea, which the United Nations Commission of Inquiry described as ‘without parallel’ and as amounting to crimes against humanity, is addressed as part of engagement with the North Korean regime.”
“For that reason, we have come together with other human rights organisations around the world to send this letter to Kim Jong-Un, setting out the issues which he must address…
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.