Podcast Episode #578
Every church has varying membership requirements. In today’s podcast Thom and Sam discuss membership classes and the strengths and weaknesses of church expectations.
Some highlights from today’s episode –
- Church membership is the lived out metaphor of being a part of the body in 1 Corinthians 12.
- Follow up is critical and often the missing component of assimilation.
- The membership class is the starting line and follow up is the next immediate step.
- If people come to a class to learn about membership, they expect you to follow up with the expectations you set.
- If you can’t tell someone in an hour your church’s expectations, then you should be more succinct in what you are communicating.
Five Membership Models:
- Membership through an entry class without significant follow-up
- Membership by request and affirmation
- Membership through an entry class with significant follow-up
- Membership renewal
- Avoidance of membership terminology
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Vanderbloemen has been serving churches for nine years, but did you know that Vanderbloemen also serves Christian schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses? So if you’re listening, and you know a Christian school, nonprofit, or values-based business that is hiring, contact our friends at Vanderbloemen for your staffing needs.
For more information, visit Vanderbloemen.com.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.