Podcast Episode #589
Many churches are in the midst of their annual budgeting. Thom and Sam discuss five ways your church budget might be broken. Included in this episode are topics like processes, facility costs, personnel costs, and resourcing outward-focused ministry.
- The budgeting process is old and stale.
- The church has not seriously examined its facility costs.
- The church has not seriously examined its personnel costs.
- Expenditures are almost all inwardly-focused.
- There is little thought given to Jerusalem. (Acts 1:8)
- Zero based budgeting forces your church to re-think every expenditure.
- The longer you defer church maintenance costs the more expensive they may become.
- Making personnel changes in a church doesn’t always mean deleting positions. Personnel changes could mean changing job descriptions.
- Senior Pastor’s can’t ask staff members to be outwardly focused if they don’t resource them to be outwardly focused.
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches…
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.