Amazon Re-Trains Employees after Some ‘Mistakenly’ Block Christian Ads

Amazon Re-Trains Employees after Some ‘Mistakenly’ Block Christian Ads



Sellers of religious products on Amazon may have taken a big hit recently when Amazon employees incorrectly took down their ads.


CNBC reported that according to an Amazon representative, the company had formulated a new policy “which bans any ad that contains ‘religious content.’” In an email, the rep continued, “The other sellers who are currently advertising religious related products are doing incorrect practice, which may lead to their account suspension.”


But, Amazon is retracting its rep’s statements. A spokesperson for the e-commerce giant told CNBC, “The email that CNBC viewed contains inaccurate information and our long-standing policies have not changed. Corrective training is being provided to the relevant teams.”


The issue came to light when an Amazon business owner, who sells apparel with Christian messages and Bible verses, asked Amazon why one of the ads had been rejected. The seller asked CNBC to remain anonymous for fear Amazon would retaliate. This business owner has suffered from the oversight. “Our revenue on Amazon is directly connected with advertising we do, so this would be very detrimental to our business.” As of Friday afternoon, the ad had not been restored.


Several sellers have experienced the same problem. One seller posted in Amazon Seller Forums in February that the company blacklisted a crystal cross because…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Israel Is ‘on the Side of God,’ U.S. Ambassador to Israel Proclaims

Israel Is ‘on the Side of God,’ U.S. Ambassador to Israel Proclaims



The U.S. ambassador to Israel said this week that Israel is “on the side of God.”


Ambassador David M. Friedman was speaking at an evangelical group event that marked the anniversary of Jerusalem becoming a U.S. embassy. He told attendees that the relationship between the U.S. and Israel was getting “stronger and stronger and stronger.”


“And the second (reason) is that Israel has one secret weapon that not too many countries have,” he said. “Israel is on the side of God, and we don’t underestimate that.”


With Friedman as ambassador, the Trump administration has made several moves that some have said are too partial to Israel, such as moving the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Also, the U.S. has made significant cuts to aid for the Palestinians.


Palestinians and Palestinian supporters say they are worried that Friedman is representing Israel’s right-wing policy more than the U.S.


“As the ambassador of the far-right Orthodox Jewish community in the United States, Friedman’s comment makes sense,” said Daniel C. Kurtzer, who was Washington’s ambassador in Israel under both Republican and Democratic presidents. “As the supposed ambassador of the United States government and all its people, it is an extremely inappropriate comment.”


Others, such as Saeb Erekat, of the Palestine Liberation Organization, said Friedman…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

4-Year-Old Boy Has ‘Gender Dysphoria,’ Should Dress Like a Girl, Judge Rules

4-Year-Old Boy Has ‘Gender Dysphoria,’ Should Dress Like a Girl, Judge Rules



A British judge is supporting the parents of a 4-year-old who believe their child is transgender and who want to dress him in a girl’s uniform for school.


Social workers, though, say the parents are acting too fast.


At issue is a young boy who identifies as a girl, according to the Daily Mail newspaper. The local social workers said the parents had “actively encouraged” the child’s gender transition and “acted in a precipitate manner in relation to perceived gender dysphoria.”


The parents had sent the boy to school in a girl’s uniform. 


A gender specialist told the judge that the boy’s actions were “consistent with a diagnosis of gender dysphoria.” The judge agreed. 


The boy, the specialist said, “appeared to be a content, alert and socially engaged little girl.” 


The judge, Justice Williams of the Royal Courts of Justice in Westminster, labeled the mother and father “good parents.” He further said the child had not been harmed from the “complete transition into a female occurring at a very young age.”


“The evidence demonstrates to the contrary, this was likely to minimize any harm or risk of harm,” Williams said, according to the Daily Mail. “The evidence does not support the contention that it was actively encouraged rather than appropriately supported.”


The 4-year-old child has a 6-year-old brother…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Five Christian Children Killed in Rocket Attack in Syria

Five Christian Children Killed in Rocket Attack in Syria



Five young Christian children have been killed in Syria while playing outside a monastery.


The kids, aged between six and ten, were struck by a rocket attack in the northwestern Syrian town of al-Suqaylabiyah on Sunday, May 12. Those behind the attack are thought to be Islamic extremists who were specifically targeting the faith community.


“The kids went out to play after some days of calm,” Father Maher Haddad, a local priest, told the Associated Press. Then, out of nowhere, there was an enormous explosion resulting in the death of the children and eight others, including a 35-year-old woman.


“The deadly silence of the persecution of the Christians of Syria. Terrorists killed 5 children and their teacher in an attack on a Sunday school in Suqaylabiyeh/Hama, in northwest Syria yesterday,” noted “A Demand For Action,” a group that “advocates for the protection of Assyrian/Chaldean/Syriac Christians and other minorities in the Middle East.”


State news agency SANA reported that Syrian troops had fired retaliatory shells into the rebel-held area thought to be the site from which the fatal rocket was launched, according to ABC News. There is speculation that an Al-Qaeda-linked group, Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, was responsible for the attack.


The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which reports on the atrocities occurring in Syria on a daily basis, also 

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Four killed in another Burkina Faso church attack

The deadly attack occurred in the town of Ouahigouya on Monday – just a day after a Catholic priest and five parishioners were shot dead in the same region.

Worshippers were moving through Ouahigouya when “a group of terrorists intercepted the procession, killing four worshippers and burning the statue,” a spokesman for the Ouagadougou Cathedral was quoted by AFP news agency as saying.

 

While no one has claimed responsibility for the church attacks yet, after Sunday’s shooting, the government of Burkina Faso blamed “terrorist groups…attacking religion with the macabre aim of dividing us”.

Burkina Faso has been increasingly destabilised by jihadists from across the border in Mali. Attacks have included the kidnapping of foreigners.

The Pope is said to be praying for the victims.

“The Holy Father has learned with sorrow about the news of the attack on the church in Dablo, Burkina Faso,” Alessandro Gisotti, interim director of the Vatican press office, tweeted.

“He prays for the victims, for their families and for the entire Christian community in the country.”

Stay up to date with the latest news stories from a Christian perspective. Sign up to our daily newsletter and receive more stories like this straight to your inbox every morning.

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس