Justin Bieber Asks For Prayer, Says He’s ‘Been Struggling a Lot’

Justin Bieber Asks For Prayer, Says He’s ‘Been Struggling a Lot’



“I’m not worried just wanted to reach out and ask for your guys to pray for me,” Pop singer Justin Bieber penned to his 105 million Instagram followers on Sunday.


Bieber – who has become an outspoken Christian in recent years – took to social media on Sunday to ask his followers for help, CBN News reported.


The 25-year-old wrote, “Just wanted to keep you guys updated a little bit hopefully what I’m going through will resonate with you guys.” 


He continued, “Been struggling a lot. Just feeling super disconnected and weird… I always bounce back so I’m not worried just wanted to reach out and ask for you guys to pray for me.” “God is faithful and ur prayers really work, thanks… the most human season I’ve ever been in facing my stuff head on…,” he concluded.



Bieber also shared a photo of himself praying with who appears to be his manager Scooter Braun and fellow singer Kanye West.


As Christian Headlines previously reported, Bieber told Vogue Magazine in a cover story interview in February that “his Christian faith encouraged him to break the chains of drug and sex addiction right before he met his now wife” – Haley (née Baldwin). 


The pop singer shared his struggle with sex addiction noting that he’s learned the weight of sexual sin. He said, “I think sex can cause a lot of pain. Sometimes people have sex because they…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Christian thrown off social work course slams judge’s ‘orwellian’ ruling

Felix Ngole, who says he was expressing a traditional Christian view and has complained that university bosses unfairly stopped him completing a postgraduate degree, raised his concern on Tuesday when trying to persuade appeal judges to overturn a ruling by Deputy High Court Judge Rowena Collins Rice.

Mr Ngole says his rights to freedom of speech and thought, enshrined in the European Convention on Human Rights, were breached when he was thrown off the course.

 

But lawyers representing the university say he showed “no insight” and said the decision to remove him from the course was fair.

They say Mr Ngole was studying for a professional qualification and say university bosses had to consider his fitness to practise.

Judge Collins Rice, who analysed the case at a High Court trial in 2017, ruled that university bosses had acted within the law.

She said freedom of religious discourse was a public good of great importance.

But she said social workers had considerable power over the lives of vulnerable people and said trust was a precious professional commodity.

Three appeal judges are now analysing Mr Ngole’s challenge to Judge Collins Rice’s ruling at a Court of Appeal hearing in London.

A lawyer leading Mr Ngole’s legal team told Lord Justice Irwin, Lord Justice Haddon-Cave and Sir Jack Beatson that Judge Collins Rice’s ruling raised an Orwellian spectre.

Barrister Paul…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

U.S. Will Remove All Remaining Personnel from Embassy in Venezuela

U.S. Will Remove All Remaining Personnel from Embassy in Venezuela



After four days of blackouts in the South American country, the United States announced that it will be removing all remaining U.S. staff members from its embassy in Venezuela.


According to the Associated Press, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo stated late Monday night that the U.S. will be working to remove all American embassy staff members from the South American nation due to the regression of political, social and economic conditions.


Over the past several months the United States has taken part in efforts to oust the nation’s current socialist president Nicolás Maduro. One of those efforts has been to voice its support – along with 50 other countries – for self-elected president and opposition party leader Juan Guaido.


According to the AP, after the U.S. recognized Guaido as Venezuela’s rightful leader, Maduro demanded the U.S. to remove all diplomats from Venezuela in late January. Madura reportedly backed down and allowed them to stay. Still, the U.S. removed all embassy employees’ dependents from the country and are now working on removing the rest of the Americans in the embassy by the end of the week.


As Christian Headlines previously reported, social and political unrest broke out in Venezuela under Hugo Chávez, who ruled over the nation for almost 15 years. Chávez nationalized many of the major industries in the nation including the…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Christian charity pays tribute to aid workers killed in plane crash

Sara Chalachew, Getnet Alemayehu, Sintayehu Aymeku, Mulusew Alemu has been working with Catholic Relief Services.

 

In a statement online, the charity said: “Although we are in mourning, we celebrate the lives of these colleagues and the selfless contributions they made to our mission, despite the risks and sacrifices that humanitarian work can often entail.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with their families and all of those who lost loved ones as a result of this tragedy.”

CRS

 

157 people including nine Britons died in the crash.

On Wednesday, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) banned the Boeing’s 737 Max plane from operating in the UK amid safety concerns.

A CAA spokesman said: “The UK Civil Aviation Authority has been closely monitoring the situation, however, as we do not currently have sufficient information from the flight data recorder, we have as a precautionary measure issued instructions to stop any commercial passenger flights from any operator arriving, departing or overflying UK airspace.”

A number of countries and airlines around the world have also grounded 737 Max 8 aircraft, which was the model involved when Ethiopian Airlines flight ET302 crashed shortly after taking off from Addis Ababa on Sunday morning.

Stay up to date with the latest news stories from a Christian perspective. Sign up to our daily…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

Student IDs Must Contain Abortion Provider Information Under California Bill

Student IDs Must Contain Abortion Provider Information Under California Bill



A California state assemblyman has proposed a bill that would force every public or private school to place the phone number of a Planned Parenthood or similar clinic on student identifications.


The bill, AB 624, would take effect July 1, 2010, and require that schools place on every ID for grades 7-12 a sexual assault hotline, a domestic violence hotline, and a “sexual or reproductive health” hotline. 


That latter requirement is at issue. “Reproductive health” is a phrase used by pro-choice advocates to reference multiple services, including abortion. Planned Parenthood’s website says its goal is to deliver “vital reproductive health care.” It is the nation’s largest abortion provider. The United Nations’ definition of “reproductive health” includes abortion.   


Democratic Assemblyman Jesse Gabriel is the bill’s sponsor.


Liberty Counsel, a religious liberty group, says the bill violates the First Amendment.


“This outrageous California bill proposed by Assemblyman Jesse Gabriel is an attack on the First Amendment by forcing every California student to become a spokesperson for Planned Parenthood,” said Mat Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel. “Requiring students to promote the phone number of the largest abortion mill in the nation is repulsive and unconstitutional. When will the California legislators…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Dare To believe – Rhapsody of Realities 13 March 2019

Rhapsody of Realities 13 March 2019 By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome – Dare To believe

Topic: Dare To believe

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23).

Many today are struggling and toiling every day to make ends meet. But the Word declares that you’re an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ. You have an inheritance in Christ, who owns the world and all that’s in it.

You’re the seed of Abraham; your wealth and prosperity is in Christ; it’s a settled fact. The Bible says, “The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein” (Psalm 24:1). The world belongs to you; dare to believe this. That’s what we read in our opening verse; if you can believe this, it’ll be manifested in your life.

The Bible says Abraham “…staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God” (Romans 4:20). How did his wealth come? The Bible says God blessed him: “…I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed” (Genesis 12:2-3). Also, read Genesis 13:2, Genesis 24:5, and Galatians 3:9; believe these and all of God’s Word about your heritage in Christ. Believe that God is who He says He is, He’s given you what He says He’s given you, and you have what He says you have. Arm yourself with this consciousness, and you’ll live your days in prosperity, and your years in abundance. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I trust you with my life, knowing that whatever is committed to you is kept forever; I’m kept and preserved from the decadence and corruption in this world, and my prosperity is eternal. I walk in your blessings and in the consciousness of my righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 4:3; Galatians 3:6; 2 Corinthians 4:13

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Mark 15:21-47 & Numbers 34-36

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Matthew 22:23-33 & Exodus 22

Click HERE to Read previous Messages

Rhapsody of Realities 13th March 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (D.Sc., D.D.). President of Loveworld Inc. aka Christ Embassy Int’l.

The post Dare To believe – Rhapsody of Realities 13 March 2019 appeared first on Flatimes.

Steve Chalke helps launch plan to boost BAME leadership in schools

Steve Chalke, the church leader and founder of Oasis schools, has been working on a new project called Break the Cycle.

 

It comes as figures suggest just three per cent of head-teachers identify as non-white.

A list of targets has been created to make a difference. These include stamping out racism, rooting out bias in the education system and inspiring BAME young people into a career in education.

Addressing the issue, Steve Chalke said: “We have failed generations of BAME students. Growing up mixed-race, with an Indian father, in the 1960s, the only role models I had at school were white.

“The fact that kids today, 50 plus years later, are experiencing the same distorted view of our society is unacceptable.
 
“This is an issue for everyone. Equity in leadership is better leadership; something that benefits all of us. I’m calling on everyone in education to be part of this, to be the change we want to see.”
 
Education minister Damian Hinds has given his backing.

He said: “Let’s say you’re 14, you’re not white, and the school you go to has no black or minority teachers. What does that tell you? How does that make you feel?
 
“Seeing teachers, and a head teacher in particular, from minorities can help to motivate young people and help them to strive courageously for their goals.”

Stay up to date with the latest news stories from a Christian perspective. Sign up to…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

America’s First ‘Non-Binary’ Person Switches Back: ‘There Is No Third Gender’

America’s First ‘Non-Binary’ Person Switches Back: ‘There Is No Third Gender’



A man who lived as a transgender woman and then became America’s first legally recognized “non-binary” person now says it all was a sham and that he wants to live as a man again.


Jamie Shupe, an Army veteran who made worldwide headlines due to his non-binary status in 2016, writes in a Daily Signal column that he convinced himself he was a woman during a mental health crisis in 2013. The medical profession affirmed his status, and then did so again when he wanted to become non-binary – that is, neither male nor female.


In 2016, an Oregon judge granted his request to recognize him as non-binary. The Guardian, a United Kingdom newspaper, ran a story about him under the headline, “Jamie Shupe becomes first legally non-binary person in the US.”


But in his Daily Signal column, Shupe says he didn’t need affirmation from the medical community. He needed help. 


“There’s abundant online literature informing transgender people that their sex change isn’t real,” Shupe writes. “But when a licensed medical doctor writes you a letter essentially stating that you were born in the wrong body and a government agency or court of law validates that delusion, you become damaged and confused. I certainly did.”


Four years ago, he writes, he penned a column in The New York Times about his status as a transgender woman. Then, a year later, he…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

US Catholic leaders demand apology after comedy show compares Church abuse scandal to R Kelly

Davidson criticised the US artist’s supporters and drew parallels with members of the Catholic Church.

“This guy is a monster and he should go to jail forever,” Davidson said during the episode’s ‘Weekend Update’ segment.

 

“But if you support the Catholic Church, isn’t that like the same thing as being an R Kelly fan? I don’t really see the difference, except for one’s music is significantly better.”

CBS/YouTube

 

The ‘I Believe I Can Fly’ singer was charged last month with ten counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse involving four alleged victims, three of whom were minors.

In a statement published on their website the Diocese of Brooklyn said: “The statement clearly shocked the studio audience as gasps could be heard off camera.

“Apparently, the only acceptable bias these days is against the Catholic Church. The faithful of our Church are disgusted by the harassment by those in news and entertainment and this sketch offends millions. The mockery of this difficult time in the Church’s history serves no purpose.”

Stay up to date with the latest news stories from a Christian perspective. Sign up to our daily newsletter and receive more stories like this straight to your inbox every morning.

Tell us what you think about our news service, what you want and how Premier fits into your news landscape. Take our quick survey!

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

President Trump Sends Record-Breaking Budget to Congress

President Trump Sends Record-Breaking Budget to Congress



President Trump unveiled his “Better for America” budget for the year 2020 on Monday. The record-high $4.75 budget increases spending on the military and border security while cutting many domestic programs.


Though the President promised to pay off the national debt in eight years during his 2016 campaign, the President’s budget does not project a balanced budget for 15 years. It also envisions budget deficits topping $1 trillion from 2020 through 2022.


Trump’s budget includes a request for $750 billion in military spending. The 5% hike in military spending is more than the Pentagon requested from the President. The President’s budget also requests $8.6 in funding for a wall on the southern border.


The budget also includes additional funding for fighting the opioid epidemic. It raises spending on health care for veterans, efforts to lower prescription drug prices, a school voucher program, and infrastructure.


In a move which Senator Chuck Schumer of New York characterized as “a gut punch to the American middle class,” Trump’s budget would cut spending by five percent at every non-military government department. He proposed cutting $818 billion from projected Medicare spending over the next decade along with $1.5 trillion in cuts from projected spending on Medicaid.


The budget also includes a proposal for work requirements for adult food stamp recipients of food…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس