Many people do not know that the term Jollof, refers actually to a concept/technique of cooking. It involves the cooking of food in one pot with ingredients added at different/key stages during the cooking process. IT is actually this timing or you may also call it precision, which makes up for the variations that emerge in the resulting dishes. Of course, the quality and quantity of ingredients used to play also a really important role.
So it’s not surprising to have diffident types of Jollof. There is Jollof rice, Jollof beans, Jollof yam and of course Jollof Spaghetti.
Spaghetti is well-loved and fully embraced import to Nigerian cuisine, and as expected, we have found our own ways of cooking and enjoying it.
Jollof Spaghetti can be made simply or quite elaborately as we choose. A variety of meat, dish, and vegetables can be added, according to your preference. The crucial thing is to make the base sauce right. This will almost certainly guarantee a delicious dish.
What you need
- Durum wheat spaghetti
- Tomato paste
- Scotch bonnet chili
- Red pepper
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Chicken stock
- Coconut oil
What to do
- Blend the pepper, chili pepper and onion in a blender. (the amount you use will depend on the amount of spaghetti you wish to cook).
- Then transfer the blend into a large saucepan in which you have heated some oil. Also, add tomato paste and stir well.
- Allow to sizzle for about 2 minutes then add some chicken stock. Turn heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes or until the emerging sauce thickens.
- Simultaneously, cook some spaghetti in some salted boiling water, al dente. This should be for about 5 minutes.
- Then strain the spaghetti and transfer into the sauce. Make sure the saucepan is large enough to contain all. Stir well for even distribution, then turn heat down and allow to simmer until spaghetti cooks to your degree of softness or tenderness. You can add your preferred vegetables at this stage and allow all to cook through.
- Serve hot, with freshly shaved/grated cheese.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.