Plantain and Eggs combo is a popular one in Nigerian cuisine and it quite nutritionally balanced. Its a quick meal to fix and very appropriate to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Often fried into dodo, the plantains can also be boiled or grilled before servicing with eggs which are usually made into omelettes or scrambled.
I revisit the popular plantain and egg dish, and have incorporated a lot of vegetables to make dish, all the more wholesome…
Try some for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
What you need
- Ripe plantains
- Fresh milk
- Sweet green and red peppers (slice thinly)
- Fresh chilli (optional) (slice thinly)
- Pre-blanched,minced tete (Amaranth greens) (or any other preferred green leafy vegetables)
- Onions (slice thinly)
- Coconut oil for frying
- Salt and black pepper to taste
What to do
- Thinly slice the plantains and fry in some hot coconut oil, until golden brown, drain and set aside. Alternatively, you can boil the plantains instead. If boiling, boil the plantains in their skin, in some salted water first. Once boiled, peel the skin and thinly slice. Set aside until needed.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk with added milk, salt and black pepper. Then heat a little oil in large frying pan and pour the whisked eggs.
- Allow the eggs to cook on both sides but do not overcook. In a separate pan, saute the tete, sliced onions, and sweet peppers until they soften.
- Add some sprinkling of salt to taste. Then turn the heat on the eggs down and add the sauteed tete,
- peppers/onions and the fried (or boiled) plantain slices such that the egg acts like a pizza base. Allow all to heat through. Slice and serve, Excellent eaten hot or cold.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.