As explained in a previous post, cabbage is a really healthy vegetable to eat, and eating it regularly has lots of benefits! Read post on cabbage here.
Nigerians mostly eat cabbages in slaws and salads, which makes their use limited. But from all my different exploration and experimentation, I have discovered a few new ways to include cabbage into some everyday Nigerian menu and will be sharing these with you in my following posts.
First up is Cabbage Eba / Cabbeba
The typical Nigerian food features a carb-rich side dish which is served with some soup. People tend to avoid eating this dish because of its high carb content, and those who are guarding against weight gain, avoid it altogether, in favour of others which are “supposedly healthier”.
Well here is a way to make your favourite swallow dish more healthy… by adding pureed vegetables such as cabbage (white or red), you can significantly increase the fibre content of the dish, and also significantly lower its calories! And the taste? you won’t even notice a difference! you have to try it to believe me.!!
Here is how :
What you need
- White or red cabbage (any variety will do really)
- Gari granules
What to do
- Cut the cabbage into small pieces and place in a blender with a little amount of water.
- Blend cabbage into a smooth paste/smoothie. Transfer the blended cabbage into a deep base pan and allow to boil for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the gari, a little at a time stirring continuously to avoid lumps being formed.
- Continue until you achieve a stiff paste.
- Add some hot water and cover the pan to allow the Cabbeba to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Then continue to stir again until you achieve a smooth and soft consistency.
- Serve hot with your favourite vegetable soup.
What the YouTube Video here :
Source : Food Blogger : Funke-koleosho
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.