Podcast Episode #376
Churches like to be busy. Unfortunately busyness can hurt a church’s effectiveness. Today we discuss this problem and how to deal with it.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- A busy church is not always an effective church.
- Churches should be culturally contextual in their area, not cultural transplanted from another area.
- Your church should have a clearly defined process of discipleship.
- Your church’s vision statement should also be its process of discipleship.
- Vision statements should be short, memorable, and communicated frequently.
- It takes courage to eliminate ineffective and unneeded church programs.
- A church’s ministry should not be confined to its address.
The seven problems we discuss on this episode are:
- Our churches equate activity with value.
- Programs and ministries became ends instead of means.
- Failure of churches to have a clear purpose.
- Church leaders have failed to say “no.”
- Fear of eliminating.
- Church is often defined as an address.
- Churches often try to compete with culture rather than reach culture.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. Their Fall Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor Coaching Networks are now open for registration, and our very own Dr. Rainer will be speaking at the Fall Lead Pastor Coaching Network.
So if you’re a Lead…
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.