Chicken is probably the most commonly eaten meat in the world! so in order not to get tired of eating it all the time, I tend to vary the spice I use and the method of cooking it.
|Funke Koleosho’s Suya Spiced Baked Chicken|
My recipe today is really simple…requires very little effort and it produces a crispy on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside excitingly spicy chicken. Great served with a bit of chips and a bowl of crisp salad. You have to try it.
What you need
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 2 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2-3 spoons of suya spice
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Half of a small onion (diced)
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 10g of grated fresh ginger
- Some salt
- 2-3 spoons coconut oil
- Some green and red birds eye chillis (optional)
What to do
- Wash the chicken legs and place in a bowl.
- Add the suya spice, fresh thyme, garlic, onion, bay leaves, ginger, salt and coconut oil.
- Work all spices into the chicken.
- Cover bowl with a tea towel and set aside for about 30 minutes. (If you have time, set aside over night in the fridge).
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees.
- Transfer the content of the bowl into a baking tray or or oven dish. Cover with foil paper and place in the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes covered.
- Then increase the temperature of the oven to 200 degrees.
- Remove the foil paper, add the chillis if using and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Serve.
|Suya Spiced Baked Chicken|
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.