Podcast Episode #587
Today Thom and Sam discuss five problems of having too many “main things.” As the frequency of church attenders decreases you will depend on fewer people more frequently. Leaders will burn out those most committed to the church.
- Church members cannot focus on more than one or two priorities.
- There is a challenge with infrequent attenders
- A leader cannot emphasize multiple main things well.
- One or more of the main things will fade.
- Members will grow weary.
- People today are busy. Is it possible that the church is contributing to the busyness of people?
- Lack of focus is not due to an impure heart but a result of too many ideas.
- Churches are declining because of fewer attendants and members attending less frequently.
- Ideas become less potent when there is a flood of ideas that are never implemented.
- When everything is a priority, nothing is.
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by…
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.