Podcast Episode #590
Church practices change with cultural norms. The norm in the church used to be everyone gathering at one time in one place. Today, Thom and Sam discuss changing church practices and five ways to address an oversized sanctuary.
5 Ways to Address the Oversized Sanctuary:
- Understand the “why” behind the trends.
- Use curtains or ropes.
- Close off the balcony.
- Remodel the facility.
- Focus on a larger fellowship area.
- A common renovation in churches today include expanding the lobby or common space and reducing the main worship center.
- The average size of a new worship center is getting smaller.
- Large worship centers were built because church practice required one service each morning. Today churches hold multiple services requiring less space for Sunday worship.
- Culturally the fellowship time is now happening before and after the worship service. An open lobby space could revolutionize your church culture.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Vanderbloemen has been serving churches for nine years, but did you know that Vanderbloemen also serves Christian schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses? So if you’re listening, and you know a Christian school, nonprofit, or values-based business that is hiring, contact our friends at Vanderbloemen for your staffing needs.
For more information, visit Vanderbloemen.com.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
If you are not a Christian, and would like to become a Christian. Simply say - "LORD Jesus, thank you for forgiving me of my SINs, today I am deciding to follow you. Accept me into your family, in Jesus name I pray. Amen "
If you still have questions , click here to Contact Us, we are here to help
Unless otherwise specified, the news and opinions expressed are solely the source's and author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Christian Mail.