Cross and Crown of Thorns Miraculously Survive Devastating Notre Dame Cathedral Fire

Cross and Crown of Thorns Miraculously Survive Devastating Notre Dame Cathedral Fire



A devastating fire raged through Paris’ beloved Notre Dame Cathedral Monday afternoon, destroying hundreds of years of history, but miraculously sparing the crown of thorns believed to have been placed on Jesus’ head and a cross at the altar.


According to ABC 6 Action News, the fire – which took 12 hours to extinguish – wreaked havoc on the 850-year-old church but spared the religious relics.


Jarring photos of the standing cross illuminated by firefighters began to surface Monday evening, many calling it a “sign of hope.” According to the Associated Press, firefighters worked together to form a human chain around the relic in order to prevent it from being consumed by the massive fire. 


Paris’ mayor, Ann Hidalgo also noted that the crown of thorns believed to have been worn by Jesus during the crucifixion was saved. 


Hidalgo wrote on Twitter in French, “As early as last night we immediately made the Salle Saint-Jean available at the Hôtel de Ville so that the works could be protected, such as the crown of thorns and the tunic of Saint-Louis.”

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Female Students Stage a Walk Out over Transgender Student Using Girls’ Restroom: ‘We Want Our Privacy’

Female Students Stage a Walk Out over Transgender Student Using Girls’ Restroom: ‘We Want Our Privacy’



Students opposed to a biological boy using the girls’ restroom staged a walkout at a Nebraska high school last week, chanting “we want privacy” and “he is a male.” 


The students at Abraham Lincoln High School in Council Bluffs, Neb., gathered on a sidewalk outside the school, while students supportive of the individual’s right to use the whichever restroom they pleased climbed an adjacent hill. 


The protest April 11 was peaceful, and students were not suspended. The walkout was sparked by a female student who believes her privacy is being violated by the transgender student using the girls’ restroom, WOWT reported. Most students protesting the policy were female students impacted by the situation. 


“We felt very uncomfortable with a male who’s not doing anything to be transgender going into the female restrooms,” student Elana Owens told WOWT. 


Another student, Brandi Scherlund, said, “I believe if you have the male parts you go to the males’ bathroom and if you have the female parts you go to a ladies’ room and that’s just the way I was raised.”


The protest lasted about 15 minutes, according to the Omaha World-Herald. 


Students who want the transgender girl out of the girls’ restroom chanted, “One over all is not fair” and “We want privacy. He is a male.” The other group of…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Rugby League to Fire $1M Star Player over Bible Verse Post on Homosexuality

Rugby League to Fire $1M Star Player over Bible Verse Post on Homosexuality



An Australian rugby star who makes more than $1 million per year is set to be fired in the coming days for posting a Bible verse about homosexuality on social media and urging his follows to “turn to Jesus.” 


Rugby Australia said April 14 that Israel Folau was in breach of the players’ code of conduct and had 48 hours to accept the sanction or have the matter referred to a Code of Conduct hearing. The incident warranted “termination of his employment contract,” the statement said. The meeting could occur next week. 


Speaking after church Sunday, Folau said he would not apologize for the Bible-centric social media posts on Instagram and Twitter and would be content walking away from rugby. 


Folau signed a contract in 2015 that paid him nearly $1.5 million U.S. per year. He signed an undisclosed new deal last year, and made at least one list as the highest-paid rugby player in the world. 


He plays for the Wallabies Australian national rugby team and the New South Wales Waratahs in the Super Rugby League.


“First and foremost, I live for God now,” Folau told The Sydney Morning Herald Sunday. “Whatever He wants me to do, I believe His plans for me are better than whatever I can think. If that’s not to continue on playing, so be it.


“In saying that, obviously I love playing footy and if it goes down that path I’ll definitely miss…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

French Billionaires and Organizations Pledge $680 Million to Help Rebuild the Notre Dame Catherdral

French Billionaires and Organizations Pledge $680 Million to Help Rebuild the Notre Dame Catherdral



A massive fire on Monday left the Notre Dame Cathedral smoke damaged, chard and without a roof, but the French are committed to rebuilding the Gothic masterpiece.


According to Forbes Magazine, French President Emmanuel Macron was heartened by the overwhelming response from the French people including several French billionaires who have pledged a collective amount of $680 million to help rebuild Notre Dame.


According to ABC News, French billionaire Bernard Arnault and his luxury goods company LVMH Group pledged to donate 200 million euros to rebuild the church known as the “heart of Paris.” The Arnault family also offered “the design and architectural resources” for the restoration of the church, Forbes Magazine reports. 


Another French billionaire named François-Henri Pinault – the chairman of Kering, which Forbes notes is the Parent company for designer fashion brand Gucci – offered 100 million euros to the effort.  


Another affluent French family, the Bettencourt Meyers family announced that they would be donating $226 million to the rebuilding of the Notre Dame Cathedral. Forbes reports that the Bettencourt Meyers Family owns one-third of the cosmetics and hair care company L’Oréal.


Other people and organizations who have stepped up to help rebuild the famous Cathedral include French charity Fondation du…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Fire alarm at Notre Dame was not routinely tested

Johann Vexo was playing at a service when the fire broke out. The priest stopped the service and told the congregation to evacuate the 12th century cathedral.

He said he was startled when the alarm sounded on Monday in the middle of Mass.

 

“It was the first time for everyone, we’ve never heard this fire alarm before,” he claimed.

“There was an alarm and then some messages in French and in English asking people to leave the cathedral.”

@slopezserra/PA Wire

 

After leaving the building Mr Vexo initially went home. But seeing smoke across the skyline of Paris, and flames spreading across the Gothic cathedral’s roof, he tried to go back to the church.

“I went back, not to Notre Dame because it was impossible to go very close, so I stayed maybe four hundred metres from the cathedral,” he said.

“I saw the fire in the framework and on the roof.

“My colleagues feel the same, of course. It’s absolutely terrible.”

The fire happened during the most holy week of the year for Christians. Mr Vexo recognises that adds to its poignancy.

“I don’t know what will happen about the services we were supposed to have in Notre Dame. But it’s the most busy week of the year – Holy Week. So it’s especially hard during this time.”

Mr Vexo has not yet been able to go back into the charred remains of the building.

AP Photo/Michel Euler

 

He told Premier…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

‘Mind-Blowing’ Discovery? Researchers Claim They Found Moses’ Exodus Route

‘Mind-Blowing’ Discovery? Researchers Claim They Found Moses’ Exodus Route



Bible scholars trying to retrace the route Moses took when he led the Israelites out of Egypt say they have found evidence that Mount Sinai is actually in eastern Saudi Arabia.


Ryan Mauro, of the Doubting Thomas Research Foundation (DTRF), told Daily Star Online that his team traveled to Saudi Arabia three times to gather evidence. 


“What I found there was simply mind-blowing,” Mauro said. “I couldn’t believe that there was all this evidence for the Exodus and hardly anyone outside this region was aware of it.”


Although they are still piecing together a map and timeline, the researcher believes his theory is the most “plausible” route. It starts with the Israelites leaving Egypt through Cairo and crossing into the Sinai Peninsula.


Mauro said there is evidence that Moses split the sea at the Gulf of Aqaba, at a spot now known as Nuweiba beach. There, the crossing would be just eight miles wide and 33 meters (108 feet) deep. He believes they crossed into ancient Midian and stopped at Mount Sinai, which he claims is the peak of Jabal al-Lawz in Saudi Arabia. It was at Mount Sinai where God gave Moses the Ten Commandments on stone tablets.


“I’m fully convinced that the Israelites went into the ancient land of Midian when they fled slavery in Egypt,” he told the British newspaper.


The theory that Jabal al-Lawz is the biblical Mount Sinai is…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

Billy Vunipola issued formal warning following support of Israel Folau’s ‘homophobic’ comments

The England forward posted a message on the social media website on Friday that included the line “Man was made for woman to procreate that was the goal no?”.

Vunipola was acting in support of Australia full-back and fellow devout Christian Folau (pictured below), who stated that “hell awaits” for “homosexuals”.

 

Saracens, who held “lengthy discussions” on Sunday with their number eight, branded Vunipola’s actions “a serious error of judgement” on Monday evening.

A club statement read: “At Saracens, we are one family, open to all with the firm view that everyone should be treated equally with respect and humility.

“We recognise the complexity of different belief systems and understand Billy’s intention was to express the word of God rather than cause offence.

“However, he made a serious error of judgement in publicly sharing his opinion, which is inconsistent with the values of the club and contravenes his contractual obligations.

“The player has been formally warned about his future conduct.”

Adam Davy and PA Wire

 

Vunipola insisted that his “intention was never to cause suffering” but he stopped short of offering an apology.

In a statement on Saracens’ website, he said: “I can see that my recent post has hurt people.

“My intention was never to cause suffering. My intention was to express my belief in the word of God.

“These beliefs are a source…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

Wedding Venue Owner Accused of Discrimination for Policy Stating ‘Marriage Is Between a Man and a Woman’

Wedding Venue Owner Accused of Discrimination for Policy Stating ‘Marriage Is Between a Man and a Woman’



A Christian business owner in Pennsylvania is being criticized for his policy on marriage and use of his wedding venue.


According to the site PennLive, an openly gay man posted about the Star Barn’s policy on Facebook, calling the policy discrimination.


“Discrimination is discrimination,” Steven Dinnocenti, who first posted about the policy, told PennLive. “When you get the door slammed in your face, it’s offensive. It’s wrong. You are saying our money is not as good as the next person’s.”


Star Barn’s owner, David Abel, told reporters that his faith is important to him. He said he is not discriminating.


“No persons will be discriminated against; however, we ask people to respect that we have core tenants in our faith and our beliefs and we cannot participate in any event that would be in contradiction to those core tenants – one of them being marriage, which has been biblically based for thousands of years as being between a man and a woman,” he said.


The news about the wedding venue in Pennsylvania is the latest case involving religious freedom and LGBTQ rights.


Last year, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of bakery owner Jack Phillips, who refused to bake a cake for a gay couple’s wedding. The court also ruled that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission was “hostile” to Phillips.


Then, earlier this year,…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس

‘Window of opportunity’ to end Christian persecution in Sudan

Omar al Bashir was removed by the military after almost 30 years in power.

Release International told Premier the new leadership will have the opportunity to enshrine freedom to worship in the law.

 

Speaking during Premier’s New Hour, Andrew Boyd from the charity explained: “There have been decades now of extreme persecution and Release International’s hope is that this could now be a turning point. It is a window of opportunity for things to change.

“And we call on the international community, leaders of the free world, to help Sudan make the transition it needs to become a democracy, and to expect and require and encourage that country to give that most basic freedom that everybody needs.

“And that’s the freedom of faith.”

PA

 

Boyd said Christians in the predominantly Muslim country have faced the heaviest oppression in the Nuba Mountains, where the government has been driving out minority groups in a programme of ethnic cleansing.

Churches have also been demolished and church leaders have been arrested, with church property often seized.

The charity said there have been “encouraging signs” for the two million Christians in Sudan since the coup.

PA

 

The Chief of the Military Council, General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, has released hundreds of political prisoners and described the…

… Read More



Click Read More to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Premier Christianity News.

قالب وردپرس

Fire Burns at Two Christian Landmarks: Temple Mount in Flames at the Same Time as Notre Dame Fire

Fire Burns at Two Christian Landmarks: Temple Mount in Flames at the Same Time as Notre Dame Fire



As a massive fire was ripping through the historic Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, a significantly smaller fire stared in the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem.


According to Newsweek, a small fire broke out at the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound – famously known as the home of the Temple Mount – on Monday evening in the Marwani Prayer Room, also known as Solomon’s Stables.


Video footage of the fire posted to social media shows clouds of smoke ascending from the roof of the prayer room. According to reports, the fire at the Al-Aqsa Mosque broke out around the same time as the massive fire at Paris’ Notre Dame Cathedral.


Reportedly, a guard told the Palestinian National Authority news outlet that the “fire broke out in the guard’s room outside the roof of the Marwani Prayer Room, and the fire brigade of the Islamic Waqf handled the matter successfully.”


According to the Daily Mail, the room where the fire occurred is under the southeastern corner of the Temple Mount – the third holiest site in Christianity. 


No injuries or damage have been reported at this time and there has been no…

… Read More

Click here to read the rest of the story from our content source/partners – Christian Headlines.

قالب وردپرس